So apparently I am not allowed to assign my students homework. Let me count the ways of punishment I have at my disposal then.
4) Not letting students go early. (Since I can’t keep them late.)
And then let me see what I am supposed to do in class, aside from teach.
1) Prevent them from talking.
2) Prevent them from working on other material.
3) Keep them off their phones.
4) Make them write in their books.
5) Make them talk to me.
Yet all I can do is yell. And if they get used to the yelling, I can try other little mind tricks. But once they realize I am powerless, well, I become powerless.